Sunday 4 November 2012

BLOG POST 5

Critically identified the conceptual and technical learning insights and the problematic nature of the learning (including how you accessed digital devices and software to create new learning). 

 Working through a ‘Project Based Learning Project’ in a group environment has provided me with opportunities to learn different types of technologies and explore web 2.0 tools. The project included short video clips to demonstrate certain camera and lighting techniques. This was achieved by using screenr. A video clip from the animated film, Madagascar was also embedded in the project by using keepvid.com. I encountered several problems in incorporating this video into the SMARTBOARD lesson due to the file format. As a result, I had to convert the file into an ‘flv’ format instead of an mp4 format in order to get it successfully included and played in the lesson. I managed to derive at this solution by doing several google searches and also inquiring with my group mates who assisted. There is also a google document that was created for my teammates and I to share information on the kinds of software that can be utilized for the assignment and the process of using it. In addition to the software used, I’ve also managed to locate an external programme online, wordsearchfun.com that allowed me to create a new word search activity for students to work on and included it into the lesson. In terms of hardware, my group mates and I documented a video together. We used a rather excellent camera and a tripod that allowed us to capture certain scenes steadily. It was indeed an effective tool to use. The video was then edited using windows moviemaker where certain ‘bloopers’ had to be cut out.

No comments:

Post a Comment